All requests to use the Classified Ads Pages must comply with the following:
1. All Classified Ads offered for publication on My Granny's Attic Antiques, Collectibles and Gifts must be legal, decent,
honest and truthful.
2. All classified ads are accepted at the publisher's (My Granny's Attic Antiques, Collectibles and Gifts) absolute discretion.
3. When deemed necessary, for brevity or otherwise, supplied material may be edited at the publisher's discretion. You may be asked to OK and confirm these changes by e-mail, before publication.
4. While My Granny's Attic Antiques, Collectibles and Gifts publishes its Classified pages in good faith, it is
emphasized strongly that My Granny's Attic Antiques, Collectibles and Gifts cannot under any circumstances accept responsibility for the accuracy, truth or otherwise of any advertisement or picture supplied by any third party.
5. TO HELP YOU get the most out of your Antique Collector selling/buying experience;
5a. Initial contact on these pages is by e-mail, unless an advertiser also wishes to include a telephone number or address. If you are a seller or
purchaser on these pages, all normal safeguards should be adhered to before giving absolute details of the location of an item, or before releasing funds prior to careful inspection of an item. Immediately establish contact arrangements outside of e-mail and cel phones. If you feel uncomfortable about any part of a deal, sometimes a quick phone call is a great way to resolve misunderstandings.
5b. Tips for Sellers:
Give a complete description.
Make sure you have verifiable ownership documents.
Specify who will pay for shipping if a cost is to be incurred and specify the shipping cost.
Mention the location of the item, county or town.
Highlight your item with a picture or photograph.
You may want to insure the item before allowing examination or transporting it, at the buyer's expense.
It's wise to make sure that funds have cleared before release of the item.
On high dollar items an 'Escrow' service may be the answer.
[This is when a buyer places money in the custody of a trusted third party. The money is then paid to the seller once a specified set of conditions, that both parties have agreed to, are met. This usually includes delivery and time for inspection. There is a fee for this service, I will provide it for 10% of the sale price.]
Paypal is a good option for both buyer and seller - Only if both parties are verified..
5b. Tips for Buyers:
If the description is in anyway unclear, be sure to clarify it with the seller before opting to buy any item.
Check the sellers documents to make certain they actually own the item for sale.
Talking one-on-one with the seller can help clear up misunderstandings about the sale.
Check any guarantee offered and talk about its workability.
Confirm who pays shipping and insurance.
See the above escrow and payment options.
5c. These points are here for guidance only to help you make informed choices about the selling and purchasing of any item advertised on this site. Ultimately, as with any other sale or purchase, you have to make the final decision. If during negotiations you are in anyway unsure about the validity of a sale or purchase, WALK AWAY!
6. In relation to item 5 and 5a-c; To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and regulation, My Granny's
Attic Antiques, Collectibles and Gifts does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to any advertising placed on the Classified Ads pages or any other related pages, and also includes, without limitation, warranties of title or non infringement, or any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, My Granny's Attic Antiques, Collectibles and Gifts shall not be liable for any cost or damage
arising either directly or indirectly from any such usage or transaction.
7. We reserve the right to refuse inclusion any item into the Classified Ads Pages at at our sole discretion. This right includes removing items that subsequently prove or are shown to be false, misleading, or illegal, and, further includes items that have been up for extended periods without any resulting sale.
8. Under no circumstances will My Granny's Attic Antiques, Collectibles and Gifts ever
knowingly allow to be sold any item that is deemed illegal by local, national or international law. In addition, we have placed our own ban on these items: alcohol, counterfeit items such as goods and ID's, drugs, firearms, fireworks, tobacco, weapons and anything that infringes copyright or trademarks.